Bro! Is the frat house covered in half-empties after a night of drunken revelry? Don't get rid of that extra beer just yet – here are 14 weird ways to reuse it.
1. Marinate a steak pre-grilling, and possibly reduce your risk of cancer.
2. Trap and kill slugs, and save your garden from slimy, destructive pests.
If you find your garden under attack from slugs, set out a little dish of beer. They'll be attracted to the sugars in it, climb on it, and drown. Sorry lil' buddies!
3. Condition your hair for a healthy, textured shine.
So the above picture is apparently one that exists on the internet. Hmm. Well, it seems you can also now use beer as a shine-enhancing, texturizing hair rinse! Read more here.
4. Cook rice in beer instead of water, giving it an interesting nutty flavor.
5. Make a beer can roof! Turn beer cans into aluminum shingles.
6. Cook a deliciously moist roast chicken.
7. Make a beer can into a really cool dish or ashtray.
8. Make an impromptu can stove. Add fuel, and you can cook dinner!
9. Craft a DIY dixie cup dispenser.
10. Soften skin and prevent blemishes.
11. Mix up some finger-lickin' good homemade barbecue sauce.
12. Polish wooden furniture (with flat beer, in particular).
Spill some beer on your coffee table? It's actually good for it! Rub it in with a soft cloth.
13. Remove tarnish from brass and copper.
This isn't really a problem for me, because I'm too poor to have anything made of brass or copper. But you can apparently use beer to polish your pots and pans! Beer's slight acidity dissolves tarnish, leaving the metal surface shiny and squeaky clean.
14. Draw insects away from party guests.
Simply place a few bowls of beer far from the party. Bugs are attracted to the sugars in beer.
Do you know any other weird things you can do with beer (besides get drunk)? :D