The orizuru (折鶴 ori- "folded," tsuru "crane"), or paper crane, is a design that is considered to be the most classic of all Japanese origami. The Japanese culture believed that its wings carried souls up to paradise.
Here's step by step instructions on how to fold it:
2. Crease the diagonals of the square.
3. Turn the paper over.
4. Fold the paper horizontaly dividing it in 4 smaller squares. You should get something like this.
5. Collapse the model. Here's a picture of this process:
6. Fold one of the paper flaps to the center of the paper.
7. Repeat with the other flap and on the other side.
8. This is how the finished steps have to look.
9. Fold the upper triangle and unfold it.
10. Fold a single layer of paper up.
11. Fold in the right layer of paper.
12. And then the left one. Repeat on the other side. This is how it's should suppose to look.
13. Now, fold in the right edge of the paper to the center.
14. Repeat with the left one.
15. And repeat with the other side.
16. Next, fold up one part of the two-pieced bottom of the model.
17. Now, fold the second.
18. Shape the head of a crane by folding down a section of paper.
19. All you have to do now is shape the wings and...
20. ... your Origami Crane is all done!