It is also used to treat anemia in certain bone marrow disorders like myelodysplastic syndrome
Lenalidomide 25 mg | Multiple myeloma treatment in US, UK, BG, AU
What is lenalidomide used for
It is used to treat:
· Mantle cell Lymphoma
· Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
How does Lenalidomide work?
It also inhibits the secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines (chemical transmitters) and increases the secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokines thus thereby decreasing the inflammation
You searched for lenalid - GenericForce
How to take Lenalidomide?
· The drug is rapidly absorbed following oral administration
· Lenalidomide may be taken either with food or without it
Common Dosage of Lenalidomide
· The usual starting dose is 10 mg per day
· The standard dosage of Lenalidomide is 10-25 mg per day for 21 days of a 28-day cycle(taking medicine for the cycle of 21 days then stopping for seven days)
· Dose reduction can be done to avoid toxicity in patients especially in patients suffering from kidney disease or immunosuppressed patients
When to avoid Lenalidomide?
· Avoid taking Lenalidomide if you are allergic to it or any other ingredients present in it
· Lenalidomide is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women
· Avoid Lenalidomide if lactose intolerant
· Lenalidomide is not recommended if you have a type of leukemia called chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
· Patients with pre-existing liver or kidney disease
· Use of vaccines with Lenalidomide may either raise the chance of an infection or make the vaccine not work as well
Drug interactions to be careful about
· Avoid the use of Deferiprone with Lenalidomide. Either increase the toxicity of the other
· Palifermin increases the toxicity of Lenalidomide and it is advised to avoid or use an alternate drug
· Avoid co-administration of Vedolizumab with Lenalidomide because of the potential for increased risk of infection
· Lenalidomide decreased the effects of the cholera vaccine, which can increase the risk of infection. It is advised to avoid the vaccine
Precautions when taking Lenalidomide
Because Lenalidomide causes significant neutropenia and thrombocytopenia in almost all patients, patients have to be closely monitored with weekly blood counts and Lenalidomide dose adjusted according to the labeling information
Do not donate blood or sperm and do not get pregnant when on Lenalidomide therapy
Lenalidomide carries the same risk of teratogenicity as thalidomide, and pregnancy has to be avoided
This drug may make you dizzy. Alcohol can make you dizzier. Do not drive or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely
Side Effects of Lenalidomide
· Alopecia (loss of hair)
· Epistaxis (nasal bleeding)
· Upper respiratory tract infections
· Back pain
· Nose and throat irritation
· Dry mouth
· Weight loss
· Joint pain
· Abnormal liver function test
· Pancytopenia (decrease in WBC, RBC and platelet count)
· Loss of libido
· Angina, heart failure
· Muscle spasm
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Signs of allergic reactions:
· Shortness of breath
· Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
Effect of Lenalidomide on organs
· Hematological reactions- Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets
· General reactions- Fatigue, fever, swelling in the extremities, chest pain and tiredness
· Gastrointestinal reactions- Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dry mouth
· Musculoskeletal reactions- Muscle cramps, back pain and bone pain
· Central Nervous system reactions- Dizziness, tremor, difficulty in swallowing and nerve disease
· Respiratory reactions- Difficulty in breathing, inflammation of the pharynx, upper respiratory tract infection, pneumonia, urinary tract infection and inflammation of the sinus
· Dermatological reactions- Rash, increased sweating, dry skin and itching
· Metabolic reactions- Loss of appetite, decrease in calcium/potassium, dehydration and decreased weight
· Eye reactions- Blurred vision
· Cardiovascular reactions- High or low blood pressure
Shows effects / Results In
· Keep it away from straightforward light or moisture
· Keep it out of range of children
Avoid donating blood and semen for a month after taking Lenalidomide
There is an increased risk of infection, thus be careful around people having an infectious disease
Is Lenalidomide addictive?
Can I have Lenalidomide with alcohol?
No, it increases the risk of adverse effects like dizziness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid fat-containing food.
Can I have Lenalidomide when pregnant?
No, it is contraindicated in pregnant women.
Can I have Lenalidomide when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Lenalidomide?
What happens if I overdose on Lenalidomide?
Overdosing may cause rash, itching, pruritus or neutropenia.
What happens if I eat expired Lenalidomide?
it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lenalidomide?