General awareness section is very crucial section of bank exams. It is asked in the mains exam of IBPS CLERK, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, etc. IBPS CLERK EXAM mains have General awareness section of 50 marks which comprises of 50 MCQs.
IBPS observes sectional cut off for IBPS CLERK MAINS EXAM. Most of the times, it is observed that candidates are not able to touch the cut-off marks in GA Section. It happens because they do not prepare it thoroughly or could not complete the entire syllabus in time.
1. Note down the latest exam pattern and syllabus from the official website of IBPS and then start the preparation.
2. Analyze the previous year question papers of IBPS CLERK and segregate the GA section and make a note of frequently asked questions. Cover those topics first.
3. GA Section covers current affairs of the bank and economics related topics. The current affairs are asked at national and international level.
4. Follow news channels and note down latest updates about current affairs to enhance your knowledge to score well in the section.
5. There are various websites run by educationists engaged in the competitive exam coaching. They release daily quizzes on their site for the practice and assistance to the aspirants of bank exams. Subscribe those websites and follow them daily. Take part in the daily quizzes to know your weak and strong areas. It will help you to know your weak areas and you can revise and learn them well in time.
6. Develop the habit of reading GK magazines. Buy the latest magazines of the reputed publications and mug up the related topics required for GA section of IBPS.
7. Buy resource book from a reputed publication or educational brand to get the authentic and comprehensive exam material. It should be based on the latest exam pattern and syllabus. It is advisable to go through the index or content list. It should cover all the topics of the latest syllabus so that you can prepare subsequently.
8. Give a thorough reading of the important dates and events. After that make notes and revise them regularly. It will help you retain the information in your mind for a long time and you will be able to use it at the time of exam. Notes are the best means to revise the subjects in the last minutes of the exam. Prepare them well in time.
9. Take online mock test series and take full length mock test of GA section after completing the entire syllabus.
10. Syllabus is vast therefore make the study time table topic wise and give proper time to all the topics. Selective study will not give you high score or cut-off marks in GA SECTION. It is mandatory to qualify all the sections of the exam to qualify the IBPS CLERK MAINS EXAM. Work hard and start the exam preparation in time to cover the entire syllabus.
Hope these tips will work wonders and you will be able to cover the entire syllabus. Maintain regularity in studies; be focused while taking lecture or classes. Take proper doubt sessions to avoid any confusion thereafter.
All the best and prepare well to ace the IBPS CLERK EXAM with flying colors.