The convenience that comes with OMR software has made it so famous amongst various educational industries and corporate sectors for creating and evaluating tests, assessments, admission forms, checklists, feedback forms, inventory lists, Olympiads and surveys.
Many of us are still not aware of how OMR sheet checker is capable of evaluating OMR based answers sheets and how it is different from the manual sheet checking process. When discussing about the differences between manual and automate checking we must weigh the advantages that comes with the use of technology.
Below we have mentioned some notable differences between the two that will definitely help you out.
- Manual checking is done by humans and under stress humans can make errors that can cause inaccuracy at the end of the result generation. Manual assessment is still feasible if the questions have got only one single correct answer with positive marking. But when it comes to checking questions with two or more possible answer options and negative marking humans can get confused which will eventually lead to error. So it is right to conclude that OMR sheet checker guarantees complete accuracy over manual checking.
- The answer key that is created for the test has the possibility of having some error in the answer. Maybe there can be a repetition or fault in the answer key that can disrupt the whole process. With manual checking you won’t be able to know where the fault is because of which you will have to repeat the entire checking process.
OMR software comes integrated with AI technology that can easily detect a wrong answer key and highlight it to be changed manually by the test administrator.
- There can become a scenario when you have to change some parts in the answer key when the sheets have been already checked. In case of manual checking you will have to restart the checking process which can be stressful and inaccurate.OMR sheet reader has got the feature to recalculate the test all together from the start with the new answer key.
- Speed is of utmost importance when many tests are being conducted in a day and even the result has to be generated the very same day. With manual checking attaining this level of speed is not possible as it takes days to manually check even a single batch of tests. OMR sheet reader can instantly check the OMR sheets and produce result at once. You can check multiple batches of tests at once without any hassle.
- When using OMR software the chance of ambiguity considerable decreases. Ambiguity is when every test checker has its own leniency parameters because of which the test results can change every time when checked by a new administrator. With OMR sheet checker you can set strict parameters which will be followed all throughout the checking of all the answer sheets.
- Result declaration can take days and weeks through manual procedure but with OMR software you can instantly declare results and even comprehensive reports. Some of the features of its report generating functionality are-
1. The reports are generated on various pre-defined parameters such as test, subject, total students, topic and section.
2. The report is divided into various parts and the scores are shown in proper graphical and statistical formats.
3. The report contains comparative scores as well, in which the candidates can assess their growth in comparison to the growth of the topper.