If you are an email client user then you are associated with MBOX mailbox somewhere. Because they have a large number of email clients, it is also possible that everyone has to resort to conversion to use a comprehensive email client such as Outlook. Its two methods are all familiar with manual and third-party solutions.
Convert MBOX to PST with Gmail
Here we will explain the steps to convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST. You can complete the process by placing another email client in place of Thunderbird.
Note - Backup of Gmail is also done in MBOX. If you want to convert data from Gmail to Outlook, skip the first phase.
Phase 1 -
· Click on Gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Gmail setting
· Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
· Select Enable IMAP Access point
· Click on the Save button to apply changes.
· Fill your name, email, and password of the Gmail account then hit on continue.
· Check the IMAP box and then press Manual config Button
· Now manually enter the port number
1. Incoming – imap[dot]gmail[dot]com – 993 or 143
2. Outgoing – smtp[dot]gmail[dot]com – 465 or 25
· After that click on the Re-test, If the task will be completed successfully and you can click on the Create Account button.
· Once your all data migrated with the Gmail account, go to phase 2.
Phase 2 -
· Run MS Outlook and choose File tab >> Account Settings.
· In the Account Settings dialog box >> click New.
· Choose an Email Account and then click Next.
· Press Manual Setup or Additional Server then click Next.
· Choose Pop or IMAP then click Next.
· Fill in all the details, as you did in Thunderbird.
· Click More Settings and choose the Outgoing Server tab.
· Enable My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication & check “Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server”.
· Go to the advance tab and set IMAP or POP port the same as above.
· Click on OK and test the connection. If it is successful (if not then check port no.) then hit on the finish.
There is a 50%-70% percent chance that your data is securely converted MBOX to PST format therefore most users prefer to do it direct way.
Second Manual Method
The second method only works with the older version of MS Outlook, as well as other email clients are also required, which also weakens the conversion and increases the risk of data loss. This is why I am abandoning this method and going to explain how to convert MBOX to PST by the direct method.
Convert MBOX to PST with MBOX Converter
This method does not require you to install or configure the email client and in a few simple clicks, the data is converted from MBOX to PST. For best results, choose MailsDaddy MBOX to PST converter. It has all the features a user may need at the time of migration. With its help, you can convert single and bulk mailboxes to Outlook PST and have the option to convert from MBOX to Office 365, EML, MSG, etc. To be aware of the features of the software, you can watch using its free version. It supports all MBOX based email clients such as Gmail, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox, WebMail, Netscape, etc.
MS Outlook is a Microsoft product that saves data in PST format. If you want to convert from MBOX to Outlook then a third-party solution for every level of the user is definitely easier as it does not require any technical knowledge. Now you can focus on both methods mentioned above and convert from MBOX to Outlook.