Walnuts give a new dimension of flavor and texture to every dish.
This cake is no exception (: This cake is moist, even though it is made with a boxed cake mix! Nobody will be able to tell !!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 (3.2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Whipped cream
- Toasted walnuts
1) Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups of milk, the vegetable oil and the eggs. Mix on medium speed until fully incorporated. Stir in the nuts.
2) Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and 2 cups of milk until fully combined.
4) Pour over the cake mixture (don't mix), and sprinkle with chocolate or butterscotch chips.
5) Cook on high for about 3 hours until the cake is set and the pudding is bubbling.
6) Scoop out portions into bowls, and top with whipped cream and toasted walnuts.