The smell of pecans and cinnamon mixed with the warm aroma of brown sugar is unlike any other. Not to mention - who doesn't love butter?!
This recipe is modified with the help of frozen white-bread! All of these ingredients are common items that can be found in your kitchen.. now what excuse do you have??
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar $
- 36 pecan halves, plus 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 loaf (1/2 2-pound package) frozen white-bread (not pizza) dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1) Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, and 3 pecan halves into each muffin cup; set aside.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough into a 14-by-8-inch rectangle. Brush with the remaining melted butter, then sprinkle with the cinnamon, chopped pecans, and remaining brown sugar.
4) Roll into a 14-inch-long log. Cut into 12 pieces and place each one cut-side down into a muffin cup. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
5) Set aside for 25 minutes or until risen slightly. Heat oven to 325ºF. Remove the wrap and bake 15 minutes or until golden. Place a wire rack over a sheet of wax paper. Turn the muffin tin onto the rack, wait 5 minutes, then remove the tin. Cool completely. (Can be made ahead to this point.
6) Return the buns to the cleaned muffin tin. Cover with foil and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw before reheating at 250º F for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool as above.)