Linksys WiFi Extender Setup Methods
Linksys extender setup can be performed via two different methods, they are:
1. WPS method
2. Ethernet method
Now, let us dig one by one into each Linksys extender setup method.
Linksys Extender Setup – WPS, aka Wireless Protected Setup Method
Consider the below-mentioned steps to set up Linksys WiFi range extender via WPS button:
1. Place your Linksys extender near to your home WiFi router.
2. First turn on your home WiFi router, and then your extender.
3. Wait for a few minutes, let the power LED turns green.
4. Press the WPS button present at the back or side panel of your Linksys range extender.
5. Unplug your WiFi range extender and place it between your home WiFi router network range and dead network zone.
6. Try to connect your desktop or laptop to the extended network to test the internet connection.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup – Ethernet Cable Method
If your home WiFi router doesn’t support WPS method, then you can try ethernet cable method to set up your Linksys WiFi range extender.
1. Take an ethernet cable and connect your Linksys WiFi extender to existing home WiFi router.
2. With the help of another Ethernet cable, try to connect your desktop or laptop to router.
3. Turn on your home WiFi router, and then power on your WiFi range extender and desktop or laptop.
4. Wait for a few minutes, let the power LEDs of both router and extender turn green.
6. You be automatically prompted to Linksys extender login web page.
7. Enter the default Linksys extender credentials.
8. Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
9. You will be redirected to Linksys extender web-based setup page.
10.Choose the ‘Extender’ mode.
11.Follow the on-screen instructions and once done, hit on the apply button to save the final changes.
12.Unplug your WiFi range extender and place it between your home WiFi router network range and dead network zone.
13.Try to connect your desktop or laptop to the extended network to test the internet connection.
So, here you are done with Linksys extender setup. Enjoy the high-speed and stable internet connection throughout your home or workplace. Now let’s move a step ahead and understand the method to troubleshoot Linksys WiFi extender.
Common Linksys Extender Setup Issues
• Login failure problem.
• Linksys WiFi extender setup page is not working.
• Extender firmware is not getting updated.
• The reset process for Linksys extender is not working.
•IP address error.