Ever wondered how most beautiful celebrities have their pet beauty and skincare products? Products that they swear by, that they can’t do without? Face serums generally top the list of personal favourites of most beauty enthusiasts.
If there is one product that has emerged as the winner of the popularity contest in skincare and beauty solutions, it is the face serum. The serum has gained a lot of positive publicity in the past couple of years, and that is with good reason.
The facial serum is a champion in providing large doses of skin nutrition and protection. Regular usage of a hydrating serum, or an anti ageing one is supposed to work wonders on the skin. So much so that face serums have become must-haves in the skincare regimen of most aspiring beauties.
But has your experience of using face serum been rather lukewarm? Has it left you thinking it is an over-hyped beauty product?
If that is so, maybe you are not getting the most out of your facial serum. Let us guide you on how to get the maximum benefit of these little bottles of skincare nectar.
What is the special advantage of a face serum?
There are skin issues which bother most of us at some stage of our lives, that include:
-Acne, whiteheads, blackheads
-Skin dryness, lack of hydration
-Dull, jaded skin
-Ageing of skin
-Discoloration of skin
-Blemishes and dark spots
Serums are efficacious lightweight skincare products that seep quickly into the skin and target these problems. The concept of a serum is to deliver substantial amounts of active molecules (that address particular skin issues) to the skin’s surface for optimum effectiveness.
Serums have a strong concentration of active ingredients that get absorbed quickly and start showing positive results soon. What’s even better, these lightweight products do not leave behind any sticky residue either.
Check out which active ingredients in serums address these skin problems effectively:
-Dull, jaded skin tone:Vitamin C serum for face
-Dry, dehydrated skin:
-Ageing skin, fine lines, wrinkles: natural face serum
-Dark spots and skin discoloration:
An exceptionally effective serum is one that is loaded with the Vitamin C-rich Kakadu Plum, and the wonder-hydrant - Hyaluronic Acid. This serum also has Vitamin B3, B5 and E, to tackle skin pigmentation and uneven skin tone. With its high concentration of Vitamin C, this natural face serum stimulates collagen, and helps in tissue repair and protection. Your night-time beauty and skincare routine is incomplete without this serum that effectively tackles skin dryness, and endows you beautifully moisturized skin.
But, in order to get maximum benefit from this wonder skincare product, there are two conditions. One, you need to choose the right serum as per your skin type and requirement; and second, the serum needs to be applied in the optimum manner.
Read on to know how to get the most of your face serum.
7 Tips for Getting Maximum Advantage from the Face Serum
These skincare tips will help you get the full benefit of your chosen face serum:
2. Always apply your face serum after cleansing your face with a natural face wash, and applying natural skin toner. If the toner has Vitamin C, it works even better to prepare your skin for the serum.
3. During daytime, apply sunscreen or moisturizer after the serum to “lock in” the serum’s benefits.
4. A Vitamin C serum for face can work as an excellent overnight serum to repair and rejuvenate your skin overnight.
5. At night, apply a facial serum with Hyaluronic Acid that works to provide deep hydration through the night.
6. Once you cross your thirties, you need an anti ageing serum to fight the signs of ageing. Your serum should have skin enriching, botanically sourced ingredients like Chia Seed Oil, Arbutin, and Soybean Phospholipids that penetrate deep into the skin to reduce pigmentation and fine lines, and smoothen skin tone.
7. Antioxidant serums work best during the day, while anti ageing serums are best suited for night time, as they work as per the body’s natural rhythm for skin repair and turnover. If you are suffering from excessive skin dryness, use hydrating serums twice a day to supplement skin moisture.
Always remember to do a patch test on your arm before applying the serum for the first time. That way you will know if it suits your skin or not.
Facial serums are the modern miracle potions that promise to transform your skin and give you youthful, radiant looks. Just make sure you choose the right one for your skin, and apply it correctly to get the maximum benefit.
Wish you glowing skin!