Essay: Dr. Herndon analyzes the reasons why America has problems with racism today. There are 3 main reasons that the US is with those problems. These reasons are the following:
Economic changes - Throughout economic adjustments, there is racial tension. Individuals are becoming more liberal, whereas at the exact same time they're becoming wealthier, due to the new businesses which have emerged.
Race Relations - Throughout those times, race relations aren't always perfect. When a white person is accused of being a racist, it's easy to point a finger at someone else, but for a minority, it will become much harder to find proof.
The most controversial issues, such as the Civil Rights Movement in the USA, caused many citizens to take a stand against their government. The US is in constant disagreement with the rest of the planet.
This fantastic informative article by a well-respected scholar, makes you believe. It makes you consider the reason that we have become such a progressive nation. The question is,"Why was this problem allowed to fester so long?" The response to this question lies within the constitution itself.
"Racism in America" by Dr. Richard Herndon Is Essential read for Everybody in the United States of America. This is a great place to dwell in. But, it can cause people to become quite upset if they don't understand the problems that are taking place. This guide will give insight into this history.
America, as it stands today, is still divided by race. People are afraid of changing. However, Dr. Herndon does a great job in providing insight in to how we got to where we are now.
- Black people are afraid of the white people who are afraid of them. We could look back in history and see that slavery and Jim Crow laws were very much against our liberty.
- The United States hadn't any black colleges until the 1950's. Actually, our first black president, Franklin D. Roosevelt, was actually forced from office due to a lack of funding.
- The Civil Rights Movement in the United States is mostly about"White Privilege". If white folks can go to the Olympics and maintain the best shape of their lives, then black men and women are just going to stay at the base, right?
"Racism in America" by Dr. Herndon is a fantastic essay to see. I recommend it to everyone who enjoys reading historical documents on this subject matter.
I would love to add some other good points that he made about how we got to where we are today. This will allow you to realize the reason why many men and women feel as though they aren't accepted in this country.
- The United States was making to be a melting pot, but it isn't. You will come across many people in the middle east that want to come here to live. They feel as though they could have the very best of America, and nothing else.
- Many believe that racism is just one of the chief reasons for the failure of the United States of America. There are those who think that we have a lot of problems with race, but the reason we neglect in certain areas is because of our racial divide.