The International Clinical Trials Registry Platform (ICTRP) is a global initiative by WHO, responsible for linking clinical trial registers worldwide for ensuring a single point of access and the apparent identification of clinical trials. This was done with the view that participants, patients, families, and patient groups have easy access to information.
The ICTRP was established with the aim to make information about all clinical trials that involve humans publicly available. It also aims to achieve the following:
● Improving the comprehensiveness, completeness, and accuracy of registered clinical trials data;
● Communicating and raising awareness of the need for registering clinical trials;
● Ensuring the accessibility of registered data;
● Building capacity for clinical trial registration;
● Encouraging the utilization of registered data; and
● Ensuring the sustainability of the ICTRP.
The Secretariat of the ICTRP is housed by the World Health Organization in its headquarters
in Geneva and is responsible for the following:
Publishes the ICTRP search portal:
Supports the WHO registry network:
Supports different countries and regions: