Before 2 years ago when I came to the USA for studies. Many questions have arisen in mind like how to find OPT jobs, Can I get OPT jobs or not, how can I apply for OPT jobs.
After fighting through the financial crisis and still Focusing on your studies, it's understandable that you wouldn’t think straight ahead into the future.
Every year, a significant number of students move to the United States to further their education. When you move to a new country or state, you must raise money and manage your regular expenses. When working on-campus and off-campus jobs will help you manage your expenses.
On-campus jobs are those that encourage you to work on a college campus. You can work 20 hours a week if you want to. You can apply for these jobs from college portals.
Off-campus jobs can do but after one year, of course, starts which must be related to your subjects. These off-campus jobs come under OPT/CPT.
What is OPT?
OPT (Optional Practical Training) is for F-1 Students who can do temporary work up to 12 months after the completion of their studies. There are two types of OPT
· Pre-completion: - You can apply for pre-completion OPT after lawfully enrolling full-time for one academic year at a college, university, conservatory, or seminary that has been approved by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement ICE Student and Exchange Visitor Program ICE SEVP to enroll F1 students. You can meet the "one full academic year" criteria even though you were in another non-immigrant status at the time. You can work part-time (20 hours or less per week) while school is in session if you are approved to participate in pre-completion OPT.
· Post-completion: -
After you've completed your studies, you should apply for post-completion OPT. If you are eligible for post-completion OPT, you can work up to 20 hours a week or full-time. USCIS will subtract the amount of time you spent on pre-completion OPT from your post-completion OPT authorization period. If you took 9 months of pre-completion OPT, for example, you will only be eligible for 3 months of post-completion OPT.
Some Easy ways that help you to enjoy Opt period with Opt jobs
· Send your resume to any company that has Opt jobs open.
· Inquire for any related companies in your sector.
· Check with your seniors and see if any vacancies are available.
· Be willing to reorganize your resources if necessary.
· You may apply for some other course to keep your student status.
· You may connect withes some Job portals
· If you're looking for an https://www.unitedopt.com/
UnitedOPT - OPT Jobs, STEM OPT, CPT Jobs, F1 Visa, H1B Jobs USA
on social media, make sure you use the right hashtags or keywords in your profile so hiring managers can find you.
· Be sure to keep the social media profiles up to date with relevant links and job samples so that they don't go unnoticed.
I hope this gives you some thoughts.