Everybody is aware that having mold in your home is a serious problem that must be deal(t) with immediately, but understanding the symptoms and prevention methods can help keep your family safe. Mold exposure causes serious respiratory issues that can lead to chronic health issues if not dealt with quickly and properly. Some of the common symptoms of mold exposure include:
1. Cough – Even if you do not suffer from seasonal allergies mold can irritate the lungs enough to cause a respiratory issue. A cough accompanied by wheezing and a constant state of being “short of breath” during everyday activities can be a sign that you have been exposed to mold spores.
2. Allergies Get Worse – Seasonal allergies are miserable and can vary in severity every year. However, if allergies seem excessively bad or you are experiencing them “out of season” it’s an indicator that you might be breathing in mold. Sometimes symptoms get even worse than standard seasonal allergies including: fever, red-eyes, and nasal congestion.
3. Lung Infection – Mold can have serious effects on the respiratory system of a human being. It can even lead to the development of long-term health issues like Asthma. It has been scientifically proven that children’s exposure to certain types of mold can have a significant impact on a child’s likelihood to develop Asthma.
Protecting Your Home from Mold
Preventing mold from growing in your home is the best way to protect yourself and loved ones from mold exposure. Obviously, this isn’t always possible, but using practice methods will lower the chance your home develops a mold problem. For a more comprehensive list of mold prevention strategies check out this article!
1. Keep indoor humidity below 50%, products like Nest, have built in features that clearly display your homes’ humidity level.
2. If you discover a wet area if your home, dry it immediately! Mold needs moist environments to grow!
3. Consult a professional to ensure areas prone to wetness have proper ventilation. If you notice wet walls call a professional to test for mold behind the drywall.
4. Direct water away from your home so that rain, snow, and storms don’t bring unwanted water into your home.
It’s too Late, What Do I Do?
If you discover mold in your home contract a disaster fire, water & mold restoration company immediately. Removing mold quickly is crucial in preventing its growth and keeping your family healthy. Organizations like, Quick Response Restoration, have qualified professionals with top cutting edge technology to remediate and remove mold from your home.
View & Download Original Source @ https://www.qrrestore.com/3-dangers-of-having-mold-in-your-home-and-how-to-fix-itView & Download Original Source @ https://www.qrrestore.com/3-dangers-of-having-mold-in-your-home-and-how-to-fix-it