You are doing your best to protect yourself and your loved ones from Covid-19 by wearing a mask everyday. But how do you protect your skin from the nasty acne breakouts that are caused by constant use of face masks? Here are some easy ways to keep your skin clear and blemish-free inspite of frequent mask use...
1. Wash fabric masks after every use1. Wash fabric masks after every use
Fabric masks absorb sweat, bacteria and skin care products from your skin. Always wash your fabric masks after each use. Use a non-scented, hypoallergenic detergent and let your mask dry completely before each use.
2. Wash your face regularly2. Wash your face regularly
3. Take a break from makeup3. Take a break from makeup
Several makeup products contain silicones and other ingredients which can aggravate acne. Besides, warm air from your breath can cause makeup to melt and clog your pores.
4. Remove your mask every 4 hours4. Remove your mask every 4 hours
In case you have long hours of mask use, then make sure you remove your mask for 15 minutes every 4 hours. Wash your hands and avoid touching your face. This would also be an ideal time to wash your face if necessary.
5. Apply an antibiotic acne cream5. Apply an antibiotic acne cream
It is common for bacteria to build up under your mask. This can lead to acne and folliculitis. You can apply an acne treatment gel containing dapsone on your skin once or twice every day.