A candidate has to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for the award of his fellowship:
1. The candidate should belong to SC and should have qualified the (CBSE/NTA UGC NET JRF/ CSIR NET JRF in the year of selection.
2. OnIy such candidates who have already completed their Post graduation course or equivalent Masters Examination at the time of UGC NET JRF / CSIR NET JRF will be considered for this award.
3. Students selected under this scheme shall not be entitled to other benefits under (UGC scheme or any other benefits from Central or State government or bodies similar to UGC offering similar benefits.
4. Upgradation of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) shall be done as per UGC rules applicable in the case of UGC-NET-JRF candidates.
5. Fellowship payable to the student shall not exceed 60 months in any case. Payment of the fellowship shall be regulated as per the UGC-NET-JRF scheme and no extension of any kind will be entertained.
6. Employees of any University/College/Educational institution/Central/State/UT Government shall be excluded from availing of the fellowship, even if they are on study leave or Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) to pursue M.Phil./Ph.D course.
7. Transgender candidates are eligible under the scheme.