Whether you believe it or not, the concept of using a bread machine to make biscuits is a little deceptive. While the bread machine takes care of the mixing, the biscuits must still be baked in the oven.
Despite the somewhat misguided concept, using a bread machine to make biscuits can significantly cut down on kitchen time. By attempting it, you can demonstrate it to yourself!
All ingredients should be combined in the bread machine's bin. After adding the dry ingredients, add the liquid ingredients.
- On the machine, select the dough setting and allow the dough to mix and process.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine once the dough setting is complete and place it on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is approximately ½ inch thick.
- Cut your biscuits into circular shapes using a circular cookie cutter.
- Grease a cookie sheet and line it with the cut biscuits.
- Allow the sheet to sit for at least an hour or until the biscuits have doubled in size.
- Arrange the biscuit tray on the middle rack of the oven. Ascertain that the stove is ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and bake the biscuits for approximately 15–20 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits carefully from the oven, allow them to cool slightly to prevent self-burning, and serve them warm!
Pre-heating the oven prior to inserting the tray is not necessary.
Always wear protective gear such as oven mitts or potholders when removing trays or pans from a hot oven.