Grapes offer a wealth of health benefits due to their high nutrient and antioxidant contents.
1. Packed With Nutrients, Especially Vitamins C and K
One cup (151 grams) of red or green grapes contains the following nutrients:
2. High Antioxidant Contents May Prevent Chronic Diseases
3. Plant Compounds May Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer
4. Beneficial for Heart Health in Various Impressive Ways
There are several reasons why eating grapes is good for your heart.
Low intake of potassium has been linked to increased risks of high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke.
5. May Decrease Blood Sugar Levels and Protect Against Diabetes
They have a low glycemic index (GI) of 53, a measure of how quickly a food raises blood sugar.
Additionally, resveratrol has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity, which may improve your body’s ability to use glucose and hence lower blood sugar levels.
6. Contain Several Compounds That Benefit Eye Health