calcium chloride marketUS$ 1.7 Bn20184%20192027
· Rise in demand for de-icing and dust control application are the major factor which are anticipated to drive the global calcium chloride demand in near future
Request a Sample –
Oversupply Situation and Corrosive Nature of Calcium Chloride May Hamper Overall Demand
· Calcium chloride can be produced using three methods: from brines, as a by-product of magnesium hydroxide, or by employing the Solvay process
· These techniques are inexpensive and produce large volumes of low-grade calcium chloride
· Major calcium chloride-producing countries, such the U.S. and China, use the evaporation of underground brines as a primary method. The downturn in the oil & gas industry in recent years has resulted in a decline in demand for calcium chloride in oil drilling applications.
· All these factors are estimated to contribute to the oversupply situation in the calcium chloride market and hamper its expansion
· Also, Calcium chloride is a salt used as a dust suppressant, concrete accelerator, and tire filler. Tests conducted by a few manufacturers indicate that it is more corrosive than water but less than sodium chloride.
· Since calcium chloride is hygroscopic, it absorbs water from the air, which could possibly result in corrosion at lower levels and long durations of relative humidity
· Moreover, salts influence the ability of water to carry a current and speed up the corrosion process. Therefore, the usage of calcium chloride in applications such as tire ballasts is likely to be disadvantage
Request for covid19 impact analysis –
North America Expected to be Highly Lucrative Region of Global Calcium Chloride Market
· Europe is estimated to be a rapidly expanding region of the global calcium chloride market during the forecast period, followed by North America. This can be ascribed to the rise in snowfall, especially in winter season, owing to climatic changes. Calcium chloride is primarily used to melt snow and ice. Demand for calcium chloride is higher in the U.S. and Europe during winters. Asia Pacific is another region with high demand for calcium chloride, due to the presence of a large number companies operating in construction, oil & gas, and dust control applications in the region
Global Calcium Chloride Market -Key Developments
Companies in the Calcium Chloride market have increasingly shifted gears with wide application of digital technology across the continuum, from raw material sourcing to manufacturing to generation of final output, to warehousing to final distribution operations. Among the various affects, the market is witnessing new growth economics due to thinning of line between specialty and commodity businesses that are associated with the larger ecosystem. At the same time, new growth parameters are being vigorously being debated as industry stakeholders put greater emphasis on the circular economy processes.
More Trending Report-