Radio and TV advertising in India
Both the mediums aim at getting maximum audience attention but their ways of doing so are different.radio advertising
· Audible medium only
· Radio prime time is from 6am to 10 am and 3-7pm.
· Best suited for informative content ads such as government information, real estates, financial services, healthcare ads etc.
· Less expensive
· Has mass reach
· Radio catches the audience attention on the move, especially during office commuting hours, when they are either driving back to home or stuck in traffic jams.
· Audio and visual medium
· The audience can see the product and therefore the product image is clear in viewer’s mind.
· TV prime time is from 8pm to 11pm.
· Best suited for products that has visual appeal such as cosmetics, clothing, home furnishing etc.
· Expensive than other traditional advertising mediums.
· Has mass reach and visibility.
· With the launch of smart TV, the traditional TV is transformed into a device to stream content online and offline both.
· TV is viewed by people when they are at home. Often watched in leisure time which is mostly between 7-11pm.