We all might say that age is just a number; however, fine lines and wrinkles staring back from the mirror can give us sleepless nights. Vitamin C retinol, co-enzyme Q-10 and other anti-ageing treatments can prevent and diminish the signs of ageing when used over a period of time, but cosmetic can help a great deal to conceal signs of ageing like age spots, uneven complexion, fine lines and wrinkles instantly. In this article, we list down 12 Makeup IDEAS TO Make Skin Look Younger and Youthful.
1. Never Forget To Moisturize: Moisturisation was important for your skin in your 20s, but as the skin matures, the importance of moisture increases tenfold. Nobody wants dry, eesagging skin that will accentuate the wrinkles. Therefore, always hydrate and moisturise that person properly before applying any kind of makeup. Moisture will fill the sagging and dry patches and will make your face look more supple and youthful.
3. Pick Gold or Yellow-Toned Foundation: An important characteristic of mature, ageing and sagging skin is that it turns either red or ashy with most cosmetic products. Therefore to correct it all, you need is a gold or yellow-toned foundation which will counter the greyness and the ashiness. Not only will the gold toned foundation serve as a colour corrector, it will also impart a subtle glow to your skin layer. The color, glow, and luminosity will effectively hide your saggy facial skin and make it look beaming with youth.
4. Use a Creamy Concealer: A concealer becomes an essential item in your vanity as your skin layer commences to sag and wrinkle. A concealer can effectively conceal all the tell-tale signs of your age and impart brightness to your face. However, it is very essential to choose creamy, moisture-based concealers. Avoid powder-based concealers because they will further accentuate the dryness and patchiness of the skin, making it look older. Therefore, a cream-based concealer for your under eyes, crow’s feet and dark spots or sagging skin will probably be your most effective makeup trick.
5. Use Pencil Eyeliner To Awaken your Eyes: Sometimes, to take the focus from your skin and create an all over younger look, all you have to to do is awaken and brighten those eyes. You can do this effectively with the utilization of eye pencils. You need a n*de eye pencil on the inner rim of your eyes to immediately wake those eyes up. To help make the colour of your eyes pop out you have to apply a dark coloured line on the upper lash line. Lining your eyes with both of these colours will shift the focus to your eyes and immediately camouflage the sagging skin to attain a younger look.
6. Apply Vaseline or Highlighter on High Points: As you age and your skin gets saggy, your bone structure gets more prominent and it is a boon in disguise. You may make the most use of that fact by applying shimmer or highlighter on the high points of that person which will just take the focus away from the sag. Apply a highlighter with an excellent brush on the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, the centre of the forehead and the cupid’s bow. If you don't have a highlighter handy, just use our classic Vaseline to create the illusion of a properly highlighted face.
7. Use an Eyeshadow Base: Once your skin ages and sags, you may find it difficult to use eyeshadow with all the creasing and accentuating of wrinkles. However, never let age shy you from what you want to do. All you need to do is apply a good coat of eyeshadow base on your lids before donning the shadow. It'll even out and smooth the creases together with counteract the darkness around the eyes. Hence, once you are done applying the eyeshadow, your eyes can look more youthful than ever.
8. Swap Powder Blush with Creamy Blush: Use peach and pink blush and blend them well after dotting them on apple of the cheeks to add freshness and brightness to the complete look.
9. Mix Non-Comedogenic Facial Oil in Foundation: Adding one or two drops of non-comedogenic yet nourishing facial oil (rosehip oil, sweet almond oil for example) would help add amazing glow and hydration to the whole look.
10. Fill in the Eyebrows: Women often usually do not give much importance to filling the eyebrows, but fuller and filled-up brows an impact equal to facelift. And to get an anti-ageing effect, use a lighter shade eyebrow pencil, like taupe or brown.
11. Opt for Neutral or Pink Lipsticks: Soft pink lipsticks, coral tones, neutral shades, will look fresh on mature skin.
12. Use Concealer at Strategic Points To Lift the Eyes: Instead of applying concealer in a triangle shape beneath the eyes, apply the concealer at the inner and outer corners of the eyes, and also at the corners of the nose and lips to give them a nice lift. Try out this technique and you could thank us later!
These are some makeup tips that when used effectively can give an effect similar to a facelift.