Java is a high-level programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. It was originally designed for developing programs for set-top boxes and handheld devices, but later became a popular choice for creating web applications. The Java syntax is similar to C++, but is strictly an object-oriented programming language.
History Of Java:
1. Java was invented in the company called sun Microsysytem.
2. Sun Microsysytem wants to create advanced interactive television.
4. James Goslingthis name comes from ook tree)
Java.( Java is Iceland famous for Coffee beans )Java.( Java is Iceland famous for Coffee beans )
7. In 1995 Java is standardized and Completely prepared for distribution.
8. First version of java was released in 23rd June 1996.
9. Current version of java is Java 12
FEATURES OF JAVA :
1. Java is simple object oriented programming language
2. In java everything is written in class
3. Java supports UNICODE Universal Coding System
4. Java is platform independent so that we can run java program on any platform ( Operating System)
5. Java is architecture Neutral so java program can be ran on any platform
6. Java is dynamic ( everything is created at run time )
7. Java program is 1st compiled using compiler and then interpreted using interpreter so java is compiled and interpreted language.
Best Java Books
1: Head First Java
2: Effective Java
3: Java the Complete Reference
4: Thinking in Java
5: Core and Advanced Java
6: Java Labguage Specification
7: Core Java
if you are someone trying to learn Java programing language or even an intermediate or expert level programmer, these books will help you.