Software Jobs these days are experiencing a revolution since the events of covid, as businesses from every corner of the world adopted the remote work policies which gave a rise to remote development. Though the covid seems to have vanished, companies are still continuing with remote work policy as it introduces increased product development. Developers on the other hand are interested in remote development as it enhances their work-life balance and introduces increased flexibility.
Top Remote Software Developer Jobs in 2022:
1. Data Scientist
· In today’s digital world, as everyone puts their appearance on the internet, data production has been surging tremendously. As per experts In 2022 the world will produce 90 zettabytes of data every day and it’s expected to grow in the near future making a total of 163 zettabytes by the end of 2025. This huge amount of data must be collected and analyzed for the prediction of future activities.
2. Software Developer
· Software development has been on a boom since its origin and as this niche experiences innovation and technological advancements it gives birth to new niches which again generates huge job opportunities worldwide, causing a huge demand for software development jobs. Furthermore, due to lack of skills in in-house teams, IT firms are spreading their wings to cover and gather remote developers around the world as they provide quality product development.
· Software developers are responsible for designing a pipeline for the development process and work accordingly to produce effective software solutions, they focus on the design and development part of the software which involves programming, debugging codes and using frameworks to connect solutions to third-party platforms.
3. Web Developer
· They are responsible for developing an effective web application which involves working on the design and UI/UX patterns of the websites and also writing clean and efficient codes to configure it with the web frameworks for smooth deployment. There is an increasing demand for web developers as new businesses and niches originate and as they focus on scaling their business they seek websites as their possible solutions.
4. System Engineer
· IT firms primarily focus on delivering effective software solutions and to make this happen their technical ecosystem must operate smoothly else the whole development cycle collapses, so they have to check their system, server and computers on a regular basis. This is where system engineers play their role as they mainly focus on day to day administration and management of a system, storage and servers to make sure they are working properly and if not use the necessary tool to troubleshoot and fix issues for a smooth development process.
· Other than this system engineers are responsible for designing and developing a strategy to build a robust system which can be used for various IT practices.
5. Fullstack Developer
· It’s hard for startups and small businesses to hire an expert team of developers on a tight budget but they try their best to recruit candidates to leverage their business to a greater extent, a full stack developer always comes in handy if you need to develop software solutions with a tight budget as they provide both server-end and client-end software solutions and web applications.
· Fullstack developers are responsible for working on designs for front end development and writing code for backend development and using different frameworks for configuration, they are career-driven developers who manage both sides to provide the best possible solution. In this digital boom as many small businesses originate they are going to need these developers as the best weapon in their arsenal.
6. Backend Developer
· Software and web applications heavily depend on clean and efficient coding which allows error-free browsing of an application, imagine if the code crashes then the whole application might crash, hence it’s important to make sure the codebases are working as they are meant to. Backend developers are the backbone of every web development team as they work on various tedious tasks such as command lines and working with server-side programming, APIs integration, and backend logic. They create codes that allow the browser to read the database, write and delete data accordingly.
· As it sounds like a tedious task, companies crave this talent, hence there is a high demand for these developers worldwide and because of this, we have added this job to the top picks of remote developer jobs.
7. Frontend Developer
· Design always plays a crucial role in attracting audiences around the world and for this reason, web development companies give more attention to design so they can be eye-catching and attract more audiences. For this reason, frontend developers are in high demand as they create designs that can reflect professional hierarchy, they work closely with clients to get in-depth details on how the design should be according to their business niche. Furthermore, they work with prototypes as a review unit to get feedback from the company.
· Frontend developers are responsible for designing the layout and UI/UX designs of web applications by using various design tools such as Adobe XD. In web development companies, the front end always comes first as the design and page layouts define how the backend codes should be written and configured to get a flawless browsing experience.
8. System Analyst
· Performing analysis is a crucial factor when it comes to enhancing IT practices because it provides great insights into the performance of IT businesses and their functioning in terms of development. IT businesses are the future of tomorrow, hence it’s important that they work by performing analysis to achieve greater product development. They constantly need to upgrade their system to reduce any flaws and errors to provide an efficient software solution.
· System analysts are responsible for analyzing a particular system to point out any flaws and design a solution which can greatly improve a particular system’s performance. Apart from this they are responsible for reviewing code and further enhancing them for flawless execution, they work with the development and management team to suggest the best tools and technologies for best IT practices. System analysts perform analysis on different IT factors such as development cost analysis, deployment strategy, design review and many other things to build a proper plan for the better execution of a project.
9. IT Project Manager
· As IT companies focus on product development they need to make sure the process of product development is neatly analyzed and managed from time to time to produce an effective software solution. Without proper management, the development process will collapse and result in poor software production which again will affect the whole financial chain of a company as it will cost a lot and they will gain nothing from it, not to forget it may damage the company’s image in the IT market. For this reason, management roles are the foundation of IT firms as they look after their product development cycle till its deployment.
· An IT project manager is a professional who manages the entire development cycle of a project till it is deployed for the client’s use. They are responsible for defining the scope of the project, performing a deep analysis of the available resources, developing a plan according to the scope and collaborating with the development team to discuss the plan and motivating them to work accordingly. Also, they make sure the development procedures are followed strictly to complete the projects on time, this is how a project manager manages the entire project cycle till its deployment.
10. Database Administrator
· Data plays a crucial role in providing deep insights into every other factor hence it holds a strong dominance over IT firms. Data is produced and utilized on a daily basis and this data can help sales, marketing and other departments to make effective strategies that can leverage their business.
· Database administrators are responsible for using different software to store, manage and retrieve huge data sets for easy access. Apart from this they keep the database up to date and troubleshoot the software to keep the data sets protected from any damage and apply necessary security procedures to avoid malware infection and security breaches.
As per the chart, you can see the popularity of these different roles is surging over the last 5 years and is expected to grow even more as the demand increases. According to the chart, since 2017 software developer, web developer and data scientist roles dominated the job market while others like full-stack developer, backend developer, frontend end developer, system engineer, system analyst, IT project manager and database administrator are experiencing a massive boom.
What Percentage of Software Engineers Are Remote
According to studies more than 80% of software engineers work remotely and this figure is increasing day by day as more software developers get aware of the benefits of remote software developer jobs, their work-life balance and other benefits.
Remote Software Developer Jobs Entry Level
You may think remote software jobs are only for experienced developers, well that’s not the case. As many companies adapt to remote policies they will hire entry-level jobs to increase their number of teams and sustain all the projects, another advantage of hiring entry-level roles is that the companies will be able to introduce 24*7 product development which can reflect their performance to gain more exposure from clients. Hence, every other role included in this article is available as an entry-level job on different freelancing platforms.
How to Find Remote Software Developer Jobs
5. People per Hour.