· House hunting is a difficult task and you will have to face many unpleasant experiences. For starters, check if the new home is near to your present office. You need to check the facts properly before moving to a new home in a new city.
· Budget - Do not check into a home that can take half of your monthly salary. Okay, you may think about getting a few friends to share the rent, but why take the risk? You can as well live in a PG and save some money. Check if the owner will give the home for rent or lease. Ask questions about water problems and electricity issues. Take the help of your uncle when visiting the rented homes.
· Neighbourhood - Is the area where you want to live, have a low crime rate? Check the facts online.
· Check online and local newspapers. If your uncle or relative or any friend has lived in the place for a long time, ask him to help by referrals to the local home brokers. They will know the topography of the place, and then help you get the best home for rent.
· Check if the size of the home meets your requirements. Take time to look into the windows, doors, toilets, bathrooms, washbasins. Are there signs of mold or damage? Then you can strike the present home off your list.
· Does the home have an AEH connection or a normal one? In the first case, you need to pay more.
These are a few hacks provided by you need to know before shifting to a new home in a new city. I Hope, you have gained enough valuable points with this article. Some More Areas you love to read