Rumours and news time! Here's a look at the big stories making a splash in football this Thursday evening:
1. Manchester United are reported to be undecided on making Falcao's loan move from Monaco permanent. (Source - SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6060114/Its-too-bad-for-Rad.html)
2. Manchester United are also interested in signing Aston Villa's Ron Vlaar.(Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-plot-cut-price-4567638)
3. Toronto's Jermaine Defoe is reported to be close to signing a move to play for QPR. (Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2820612/Jermain-Defoe-join-QPR-January-Harry-Redknapp-moves-sign-former-Tottenham-striker-time.html)
4. Barcelona's Luis Suraez has stated he's surprised to have been left off the Ballon d'Or shortlist. (Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/04/luis-suarez-surprise-ballon-dor-snub-barcelona)
5. Talks between Real Sociedad & David Moyes are considered to have broken down due to high wage demands from the Scot. (Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/11/04/5791411/-?)
1. Man United are likely to make a move for him if he scores a bit more. He hasn't been their worst player but they do need more production from him.
2. Terrible choice to be honest. Vlaar is good, good enough to move away from Villa, but he's not the answer to the problem for Man United.
3. Defoe has lamented his decision to come stateside and generally has not lived up to what he was billed out to be at Toronto.
4. It is a shock from a production/quality standpoint but not a character one. If he produces like he did last season and keeps his attitude in line for a full year he is an easy Ballon d'Or winner.
5. A shame. Moyes looked a good fit for the club and he is looking for somewhat high wages. I can't say I'm surprised but Moyes isn't really raising his stock with the break down of these talks.