You may call this a monster, but I will call this a tropical beauty. Who doesn't find grilled pineapple stacked on teriyaki steak with crispy bacon strips mouth-watering? The best part - sauce is a combination of pina colada and mayo.
If you're ready to grill this baby, read on.
4 brioche buns
2 pounds the perfect burger mix
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of butter, melted plus more for buns
4 slices of pineapple, core intact * see note*
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup pina colada sauce
1/3 cup mayonnaise
4 slices colby jack cheese
4-8 slices of cooked bacon
1. Combine the 1/3 cup pina colada sauce and mayo in a small bowl.
2. Butter each side of the buns, set aside, and heat the grill to high heat.
3. Mix the meat gently with the 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Form into 4 burgers and brush with a little melted butter then sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and grill 4-7 minutes. Use a spoon drizzle the teriyaki over the burgers without flipping it. Allow to cook for another 4-7 minutes or until done. Place cheese over each burger right before it is done and close the lid to melt the cheese.
4. Meanwhile, grill the pineapple until marks appear, about 2 minutes, flip and grill again. remove to a plate and cut out the core.
5. Grill each bun, inside down until grill marks appear.
6. Spread the pina colada mayo on each side of the bun. place the burger, pineapple and bacon on the bottom and top with the lid. enjoy!