Try this recipe as a healthy side to your usual dinner. You can even skip the cooking part entirely and eat this as a very light endive salad. Whichever works for you!
Hindbeh bi Zeit, Lebanese Endive Salad
2 bunches of endive
1 large onion, chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Wash endive well. Drain and chop.
2) Place in saucepan and cover with water. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
3) Drain in a colander and squeeze all water out.
4) Saute chopped onions in the olive oil. Add endive and saute for 3 minutes.
5. When cool, add salt, pepper, and lemon juice.