Seeing the bags of Cadbury's Mini Eggs out on store displays is probably the biggest way that I know Spring and the Easter season is coming. (It's also my best friend Jennifer's favorite holiday candy, so I usually text her right away when I've spotted them!) This recipe not only veganizes them, but makes them 100% raw - which, to me, means easier clean-up.
Raw & Vegan Cadbury Mini Eggs
MAKES 3 DOZEN MINI EGGS
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut OR 1/2 cup coconut butter
1 tbsp agave
2 tbsp almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
A pinch of pink salt
Natural food coloring (To get pink, use beet juice from about a 1 inch nob of raw beet. For purple, 6 pureed blueberries + a bit of beet juice. For orange, juice and pulp of 1 small carrot. See the above picture for a better idea of the color results!)
1) In a food processor, process shredded coconut until a paste forms. Scrape down the sides as needed. (Skip this step if already using coconut butter.)
2) Add all other ingredients, except for food coloring, and process until mixture forms a paste and clumps into a ball.
3) Divide mixture into three separate bowls. Add desired food coloring to each bowl and mix until homogeneous. For easy shaping, mixture should not stick to your fingers when touched. Add a little bit of shredded coconut if mixture is too wet.
4) Roll mixture into little egg shapes, about the size of a nickel.
5) Chill in refrigerator or freezer until firm. Decorate with chocolate ganache if desired.