Here's a vegetarian alternative to this dish.
What You'll Need
Mushrooms (8 ounces)
4 Ripe plantains
1 Red pepper
1 Yellow pepper
Adobo seasoning, oregano, salt
Goya sazon goya (1 packet)
Pimento stuffed olives, chopped (2 tablespoons)
1 Medium onion
4 Garlic cloves
1⁄2 cup tomato paste
How To Make It
1) Saute all vegetables and seasoning. Add tomato sauce.
2) Heat a large frying pan with vegetable oil, just enough to coat the bottom. Fry plantains for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and slightly crispy. Careful not to burn them!
3) Mix 3 eggs with Adobo. Pour into bottom of lasagna dish.
4) Place one layers of plantains in bottom, then cheese, then veggie mix, then cheese, then plantains.
5) Mix 3 eggs with Adobo. Pour on top of the other layers in the lasagna dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until eggs/top is browned.