Meyer Lemon Sour!
hint: Meyer Lemon Vodka from Charbay
1/2 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 oz fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice
1/2 oz Meyer lemon peel syrup
1 egg white
1 dash orange bitters
Meyer Lemon Syrup:
1 Meyer lemon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
Don't overthink this. Make the syrup first.
1. Peel an entire lemon and chop into strips.
2. Add to the water and sugar to simmer--not boil.
3. Steep for a couple minutes then take off the heat to room temperature. Leave peel inside.
Cocktail time. Also a breeze.
1. In a mixing glass, add egg white and shake the hell out of it for 10 seconds by itself.
2. Next, fill with ice and remaining ingredients (which includes 1/2 oz of syrup).
3. Shake, shake...shake, shake...about 30 seconds. But you REALLY need to shake it!
4. Double-strain into a sour glass and garnish with fresh lemon zest.
Now, you can enjoy LA. Or a wedding. Or the Lemon Festival. Or whatever! I am curious to see what@Rodiziketan thinks of this! Let me know if you have some fun ways of updating this or making it better!