What is argan oil?
Argan oil is produced using fruits of the argan trees grown in southwestern Morocco. The oil is extracted from the kernel inside the pit of the fruit. It is a commodity that has been used in the beauty rituals for several hundred years.
More and more cosmetics companies are producing products with this ingredients. However, you should be aware not every bottle is pure 100% argan oil. Some of the products are only made with a small portion of argan oil while the rest of the bottle is made up of synthetic filler ingredients and harmful chemicals.
How do you identify if argan oil is pure?
1. Look for 100% argan oil or 100% argania spinosa kernel oil. Anything else listed in the ingredient list means it's over processed.
2. It should be stored in a dark colored glass bottle. That's the best and only way to preserve argan oil and its properties. Don't purchase it if the product is store in clear glass or plastic bottle.
3. Argan oil takes a long process to make and labor isn't cheap. If argan oil are listed below market price, you should question if it's legit.
4. The smell of argan oil should be nutty!
5. Real argan oil should leave your hair and skin silky and smooth. It should also repair damaged hair.
How to use argan oil?
1. Use it sparingly! A few drops on the palm should be sufficient.
2. Gently rub your hands together before applying on hair or skin.