It is hard to break up with commercial shampoo. The convenience, the simplicity and the price (from certain brand) require less effort than producing your own hair washing solution. Despite, the con of making a mess in your kitchen there is far more benefit of mixing your own shampoo.
Benefits of making your own shampoo:
1. You have full control of what you want in your hair.
2. You don't have to deal with unpleasant fragrant.
3. You can easily switch up formulas without spending on another bottle.
DIY Coconut Milk & Aloe Shampoo
Everyone know coconut is excellent for hair repair. The protein, vitamins and minerals you get from coconut milk help fight dandruff, dry scalp and hair loss. Aloe vera has been an ancient times favorite ingredient to fight off irritation and redness. It also encourages moisture and shine in hair. Combine the two together and you got yourself an amazing hair potion.
Portion for One Wash
2.5 oz (75 ml) coconut milk 3 oz (88 ml) Aloe Vera
Mix the two ingredients and make sure it has no lumps.
If this method works for you and you're considering to use the long-term, read below for portion and storage method.
Portion for a Several Washes
1 can of Coconut Milk (or about 1 1/2 cups if you like to make it yourself.)
1 3/4 cups pure aloe vera gel
1. Mix the ingredients together.
2. Pour mixture into ice cube trays. It'll fill up two trays.
3. Store it in the fridge for a few hours. Once it's frozen you may transfer them to some sort of bag or container, or just keep them in the trays.
**The shelf life of each cube is about 1 week in the fridge.**